Monday 10 October 2011

Folding Space

When we first built our house we splurged on a lot of architectural things that could not easily be improved in the future and decided we'd do the rest later on 'down the track' when we can afford it. Well 7 years have passed since we moved in and it's finally 'down the track' so we're finally making small improvements. yay!

The laundry room was the first victim. As a mother of 2 (plus Mr. It) you can imagine I do a lot of laundry. I usually fold up the clothes in the lounge room or at the dining table, which was a little annoying, especially when Master 1 tries to 'help' and undoes all my good folding work. 

So this is my laundry before & my beagle Roxy at the door:




See what I mean? Where am I suppose to fold in here?!



So after shopping around with some cabinet makers I had one whip this up for me:


Who knew an extra cupboard and a bench would bring so much joy!!!
That little red riding hood basket with the red blanket... it's full of odd socks! No idea how there are so many odd socks in our house.


and that's Bogart our Samoyed at the door saying "hi". 


It's not complete but it's usable for now, oh so much more usable!
The next project is shelves and some pretty canisters for the bench, but that's a whole other post. 

Natalie


No comments:

Post a Comment